- About Us
- Jr. Act-So
Music Vocal / Classical
The art of performing with the human voice rhythmic tones or sounds of the late 18th and 19th centuries characterized by an emphasis on balance, clarity, and moderation.
- Only one (1) song is to be performed, and it must not exceed five (5) minutes. (Contestants not adhering to the maximum time requirement are subject to disqualification.)
- Musical accompaniment must be provided by the competitor. Competitors should not perform to a CD. Contestants requesting accompaniment must submit sheet music with their registration packet.
- Contestants must PRESENT six copies (6) of the sheet music to the judges at the time of competition.
- The material must be memorized.
- Costumes are not required.
NOTE: The deadline for submission of National registration documents is the first Friday in May. No materials or copies will b e accepted at the National Competition.
Contestants Will Be Judged By The Following Criteria:
- Choice of Music (10 pts.)
(25 pts.) :
- Correctness of pronunciation
- Interpretation (10 pts.)
- Historically appropriate style
- Intonation (10 pts.)
- Stage presence (10 pts.)
- Technique(25 pts.)
- Tone quality (25 pts.)
- Beauty of sound