- About Us
- Jr. Act-So
The art of staging or acting in plays
- The performance must be a minimum of three (3) minutes and maximum of five (5) minutes. (Contestants not adhering to the minimum and maximum time requirements are subject to point deduction and/or disqualification.)
- The selection must be of literate quality.
- The material must be memorized.
- Costumes, makeup, and props are optional, but not required.
NOTE: The deadline for submission of National registration documents is the first Friday in May. No materials or copies will b e accepted at the National Competition.
Contestants Will Be Judged By The Following Criteria:
- Projection (10 pts.)
- Structure (10pts.): Does the performance have transitions/beats and a clear beginning, middle, climax, and end?
- Memorization (10pts.)
- Movement (10pts.): Is the blocking clear and does the actor commit to and follow through with his/her movements and gestures?
- Emotional Connection and Honesty (10pts.): Are you really "selling" that you are becoming this character or are you simply "play-acting" ?
- Imagination and Creativity (15pts.): Are you bringing something different to the piece or are you just reciting lines?
- Stage Presence (10pts.)
- Character Work (10pts.)
- Specificity of Acting Choices (10pts.): Clear pursuit of Actions/Objectives
- Creation of the Space (5pts.)