- About Us
- Jr. Act-So
To perform a series of rhythmic and patterned bodily movements usually performed to music.
- The solo performance must not exceed five (5) minutes. (Contestants not adhering to the maximum time requirement are subject to point deduction and/or disqualification.)
- Costumes are optional, but should be appropriate to the choreography performed.
- Musical accompaniment must be provided by the contestant on a CD player clearly marked with the student’s name and branch. The CD must contain only the music for the performance. It is recommended that the contestant provide a backup CD.
- The theme and the dance form (ballet, modern, jazz, ethnic, hip hop, etc.) of the performance must be identified to the judges prior to the presentation.
- Aerobic exercises, street dancing, cheerleading and drill team routines may not be used.
NOTE: The deadline for submission of National registration documents is the first Friday in May. No materials or copies will be accepted at the National Competition.
Contestants Will Be Judged By The Following Criteria:
Technical Proficiency/Skill (25 pts.)
alignment, strength, endurance, flexibility , coordination
Clarity and Consistency in Style (25 pts.
Phrasing/Dynamics/Musicality (25 pts.)
Clarity of Intent/Interpretation of Choreography (25 pts.)